Our Privacy Principles and Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs)
At BT we recognise the importance of customer trust in our brand. That’s why data privacy is a key consideration for us.
Our commitment to doing the right thing is set out in our ‘Binding Corporate Rules’ (BCRs) which include our Privacy Principles. Our BCRs establish a set of standards that all BT companies across the world follow to safeguard the personal data we process. Our BCRs meet the requirements of the European data protection legislation and have been scrutinised and approved by the EU Data Protection regulators, led by the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK. Find more information about BCRs.
In accordance with our BCRs and Privacy Principles. We will:
- process your personal information fairly and in accordance with applicable laws;
- tell you (either directly or in our policies and notices) how we may use your personal information;
- only collect personal information when we need it for legitimate purposes, or legal reasons;
- make sure personal information is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which we collect it;
- only keep personal information for as long as we need to;
- keep personal information secure, and limit the people who can access it;
- tell you how to access your personal information and exercise your rights in relation to it;
- make sure that any third parties we share your personal information with take appropriate steps to protect it; and
- help our business customers comply with any legal obligations they have with any personal information that we process on their behalf.
If you would like to know more about the BCRs, or if you have any queries about our handling of your personal information and want to get in touch, please go to our Contact us section.